- Asia Pacific News
- Shaftless Screw Conveyors
Al Khumrah is the largest existing WWTP site, located in the southern part of Jeddah City in the industrial area of Al Khumrah District in the Kingdom of Saudi-Arabia.
SPIRAC in collaboration with Watequin supplied the sludge handling, storage and truck outloading systems for the latest upgrade to Al Khumra. The project scope included 2 x 200m3 silos with high capacity sliding frame outloading systems, fabricated entirely of 316 stainless steel and two shaftless screw conveyor trains including 15m vertical lift from the centrifuge plant to the top of the silos. This design ensures odour and mess containment, low maintenance, low power consumption and extended life expectancy in a harsh coastal/desert environment.
SPIRAC PRODUCTS USED
1. Two horizontal U420 shaftless conveyor
2. Two inclined OK420 shaftless conveyor
3. Two vertical OK420 shaftless conveyor
4. Two horizontal U420
5. Two sliding frames c/w hydraulic drives & two silo outloading conveyors U620
The system has been reliable for over two years. Click >here< to download the Case Study.