Horizontal/Inclined Screw Conveyors
SPIRAC is the global leader in spiral sludge conveying with thousands of installations worldwide. This proven technology offers significant cost and operational advantage over alternate methods of sludge transport.
SPIRAC shaftless screw conveyors feature a U-trough with a low RPM shaftless spiral screw riding on a special low friction long life trough liner.
Trough – commonly stainless steel, also available in mild steel painted, galvanized or FRP/GRP.
Spiral – special high tensile micro-alloy steel (HTMAS) cold formed and welded into multiple layers to provide extremely high strength, corrosion resistance and long life.
Liner – Duraflo® SPX liner features integral lubricant, added hardeners and two colour wear indicator.
Features and benefits of shaftless spiral conveyors include:
- High volume capacity for a small cross section
- Intended for the transport of difficult, stringy, spongy, sticky, wet, lumpy materials – suitable for a wide range of moisture contents and viscosities
- Complex geometries and limited space easily satisfied
- Low RPM for long life expectancy to wear components
- Totally enclosed troughs for odour and mess containment
- Very high load/torque capability
- Low maintenance costs
- Long continuous runs on a single gearbox
- Easily able to handle large foreign objects or product lumps
- Forgiving operation allows for wide capacity range
- Custom designed to match field equipment
- High resistance to corrosion provides for very long equipment life expectancy in the harshest of conditions