SPIRAC is a leading provider of municipal screening, grit and biosolids handling equipment with offices around the world. SPIRAC provides sustainable solids material handling solutions for municipal and industrial wastewater, developed with the benefit of international and local experience. Municipal screening, grit and sludge handling are our primary focus, but SPIRAC also offers conveying, dewatering and washing solutions for industrial applications. Our diverse product range and experienced engineers offer environmentally friendly solutions for the smallest to largest WWTP. Most importantly, we support our equipment and take pride in ensuring successful installation and maintenance.
About the job
The successful applicant would be responsible for producing general arrangements, detailed designs & manufacturing drawings for multiple contracts. They would be self-motivated and experienced in the use of Autodesk Inventor & AutoCAD to produce designs and would work in conjunction with the existing design & project team. This is a role that is suited to someone with an engineering background with a minimum of 3 – 5 years of design experience with Autodesk Inventor & AutoCAD.
To be considered for this role, you will need the following skills and competencies:
- Comprehensive knowledge of engineering design principles.
- Ability to interpret working drawings, to work from site surveys and existing client drawings to produce 3D – layouts in Inventor and detailed component drawings as required.
- Produce general arrangement drawings that incorporate accepted standards of operability, maintainability and meet health and safety requirements.
- Preparation of 2D manufacturing drawings from 3D models for both standard items and bespoke fabrications.
- Generating standardised product designs and modifying existing designs for customers.
- A good understanding of setting up, drawing symbols, standard nomenclature & BOM lists
- Maintain drawing files and records throughout contracts using Autodesk Vault
- Capable of working within time frames and budgets
- Experience with Autodesk Vault, FEA and Navisworks are advantageous
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Work as a team member within the Design Department reporting to the General Manager
- Have HNC or above in a relevant engineering subject. (Suitable vocational qualifications may be a suitable alternative.)
- Knowledge related to the design of waste water screens would be beneficial
- Good command of the English language, both written and spoken
- Competent Word and Excel skills with a good working knowledge of Autodesk Inventor & AutoCAD
- To maintain the quality control requirements of the output and to produce a product that achieves customer satisfaction
- Office based in Banbury or Sheffield but expected to travel to customer and supplier remote sites as deemed necessary
This role will be a full-time permanent position commencing ASAP. If you think you got what it takes, please send your CV and salary expectations to Robert Gericke at email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you!