FINEGUARD - Moving Fine Screen
FINEGUARDTM is utilised for fine screening and removes floating and submerged debris. It is commonly installed in inlet works downstream from coarse screens and prevents clogging and damages from components downstream.
FINEGUARDTM screen can be customised to suit a wide range of applications. The screen continually moves panels from the screening zone, in the channel in front of the equipment, to the cleaning mechanism where the waste is removed from the perforated panels.
FINEGUARDTM uses a two-stage panel cleaning process. The first stage includes a self-adjusting rotating brush which removes most of the debris. The second stage uses water jets to prevent screen panels to be blinded by hair pinning and rag stapling. The fully retractable spray bar allows cleaning if necessary. In case of accidental damage, the panels are easy to replace.
Maintaining and servicing the FINEGUARDTM is simple, the screen can be moved forward and hinged out of the flow for maintenance purposes.
Each panel has a replaceable side seal manufactured from wear-resistant Ultra-high-molecular-weight polyethylene (UHMWPE). The main structural side plates are manufactured for strength and rigidity. These plates incorporate side outlet passages at flow level to allow passage of screened flow minimizing headloss.
FINEGUARDTM screen is fully guarded by stainless steel covers fixed to the main side structure. Dual speed units can also be supplied.
- FINEGUARDTM can be designed to suit channels of up to 3m (10ft) and a channel depth up to 10m (32ft) - channel flow criteria considered.
- Available with 3mm to 6mm diameter perforated panels.
- Suitable for flows from 40 l/sec (0.9MGD) to 2,500l/sec (57MGD).
- Two-stage cleaning of screen media - including a rotating self-adjusting brush and water jets, that requires only a low volume of wash water.
- Fully retractable spray bar - allows for easy access.
- Reliable and durable side sealing system made from wear-resistant Ultra-high-molecular-weight polyethylene (UHMWPE).
- High Screen Capture Ratio’s (SCR%) to comparable screens.
- 3mm Ø perforated panel has a certified average SCR of 89% [UK Water Industry Research (UKWIR) – National Screen Evaluation Facility (NSEF) Certified].
- 5mm Ø perforated panel has an estimated SCR of 83-84%.
- 6mm Ø perforated panel has a certified average SCR of 81% [UKWIR – NSEF Certified].
- Complete aftermarket support available.
- A two-stage cleaning process. Including rotating self adjusting brush and water jets, that requires only a low volume of wash water..
- The Side sealing system is made from wear-resistant Ultra-high-molecular-weight polyethylene (UHMWPE). .
- Service and maintenance are simple, the screen can be hinged out of the flow for maintenance purposes. Fully retractable spray bar - allows for easy access.