SPIRAC is a leading provider of municipal screening, grit and biosolids handling equipment with offices around the world. SPIRAC provides sustainable solids material handling solutions for municipal and industrial wastewater, developed with the benefit of international and local experience. Municipal screening, grit and sludge handling are our primary focus, but SPIRAC also offers conveying, dewatering and washing solutions for industrial applications. Our diverse product range and experienced engineers offer environmentally friendly solutions for the smallest to largest WWTP. Most importantly, we support our equipment and take pride in ensuring successful installation and maintenance.
About the job
To support the Sales Manager & Engineers in preparing responses to enquiries and preparation of proposals for tendering purposes predominantly in the water industry.
To be considered for this role, you will be able to carry out the following duties:
- Review enquiries and work from technical drawings/specifications to fully understand the conditions set out
- Timely production of submission documentation
- Review commercial and technical risks for the best solution with the TSM&E, to produce concise and effective technical proposals
- Identify potential risks associated with the works
- Investigate ways of reducing prices through value engineering/fabrication/installation, supply chain, etc
- Compile installation prices including material, plant and labour elements
- Prepare accurate cost estimates for the design and management in accordance with the agreed program, with commercial aspects in mind
- Prepare the proposal for submission
- Lead the handover to the engineering department
- Compile PQQ and framework tender
The successful candidate will be:
- Proactive and organised with good use of initiative and attention to detail
- Able to read technical drawings and specifications, AUTOCAD would be an advantage
- Able to communicate effectively to technical clients
- Confident in approaching new contacts and online research
- Experienced in a similar role, 3 years of experience essential
- Good command of the English language, both written and spoken
- All normal engineering requirements, minimum GCSE maths
- Competent in using Word and Excel
- A good working knowledge of AutoCAD and AutoDESK Inventor would be an advantage.
- Water industry or Bulk Materials Handling would be favourable
- A background as a draughtsperson/site background to understand the concept of large mechanical installations may be advantageous
Office based in Banbury but expected to travel to projects within the UK, to customer and supplier sites as deemed necessary.
This role will be a full-time permanent position commencing ASAP. If you think you got what it takes, please send your CV and salary expectations to Robert Gericke at email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you!