The SANDSEP® is a highly efficient unit designed to separate grit and other pollutants from process and effluent streams.
The design of the inlet section reduces turbulence to a minimum and creates an optimum flow pattern for efficient settling.
The solids settle in the bottom of the classifier which contains a spiral. The spiral transports the sediment slowly (speeds are kept to around 5rpm to minimise turbulence) to an inclined or vertical conveyor which then discharges the grit.
- Grit S.G ≤2.65 with an average B.D of 1600kg/m³ (100lb/ft3).
- Hydraulic capacities from ≤5l/sec. (0.1MGD) to ≤35l/sec. (0.8 MGD).*
- Dryness of output product – typical 60% to 80 % D.S (Subject to sparge and wash options – prior to discharge).*
- Organic residue; typically, ≤15% with the combined spray bar and sparge tube options.*
- Shaftless spiral - that do not require a centre-pipe, intermediate or end bearings – thus minimising any potential for undesired blockages.
*depending on site conditions
- Spiral conveying = no build up will ever occur and no intermediate or end bearings under water
- Compact, robust design
- Low rpm, high torque and low power usage.
- Few moving parts – therefore low maintenance and operating cost.
- Complete aftermarket support available.