SPIRAC is a leading provider of municipal screening, grit and biosolids handling equipment with offices around the world. SPIRAC provides sustainable solids material handling solutions for municipal and industrial wastewater, developed with the benefit of international and local experience. Municipal screening, grit and sludge handling are our primary focus, but SPIRAC also offers conveying, dewatering and washing solutions for industrial applications. Our diverse product range and experienced engineers offer environmentally friendly solutions for the smallest to largest WWTP. Most importantly, we support our equipment and take pride in ensuring successful installation and maintenance.
About the job
To act as a Scoping & Maintenance Engineer you will be required to make contact with our clients and arrange a pre-determined number of site visits per week to scope/survey SPIRAC assets. On completion of the site visit, a detailed report is required for a quotation to be generated and the report sent on with the quotation. The role will also require, working with our site engineers on site and carrying out simple commissioning (training provided). To make this a full-time role, it may include looking after the warehouse and stock control. The majority of the work will take place on wastewater sites although other customers include food processing plants, paper mills and occasionally clean water sites. Start and finish times will vary as our engineering teams are expected to operate throughout the UK.
This is an entry-level role however the right candidate can expect SPIRAC to invest in their training and support them throughout their career to advance both personally and in line with the company's needs.
To be considered for this role, you will be able to carry out the following duties:
- Arranging site scoping visits, site scoping of SPIRAC Assets and report writing
- Assisting with stripping and reassembly of existing machinery
- Assisting with installation of new machinery
- Site commissioning of smaller projects (training provided)
- Warehouse and stock control and any other tasks deemed reasonable as part of a Scoping & Maintenance Engineer role.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Be Self-motivated, willing to learn, able to act on own initiative, flexible attitude to working hours and willing to work away from home when required
- Work on sites throughout the UK, Scotland, Wales and Ireland with weekends and Bank Holidays off
- Have a good command of the English language, both written and spoken
- Be Proficient in Microsoft products (Office 365, Word, Excel etc.)
- Have a valid driving licence
- Experience on wastewater sites, construction sites or an engineering environment, envolving installation and fitting is desirable but not essential
- Any or all the following qualifications are favourable but not required: CSCS labourer card, CSCS Health and Safety Awareness course, Manual handling and Ipaf
Training and an attractive package are offered to the right candidate, including:
- Site van
- Mobile Phone & Laptop
- All PPE
- Required tools
- Appropriate training
- Accommodation when working away
- Leave holidays, bank holidays and pension contribution
This role will be a full-time permanent position commencing ASAP. If you think you got what it takes, please send your CV and salary expectations to Robert Gericke (firstname.lastname@example.org). We look forward to hearing from you!