SPIROLINE® Horizontal/Inclined Spiral Conveyors
SPIRAC is the global leader in shaftless spiral conveying with thousands of installations worldwide. This proven technology offers significant cost and operational advantage over alternate methods of screenings, grit and sludge transport.
SPIROLINE® conveyors feature a U-trough with a low RPM shaftless spiral riding on a special low friction long life trough liner.
Material handling can place a lot of pressure on equipment, as many of the industries SPIRAC serves feature harmful, possibly corrosive substances. With SPIROLINE®, however, maintenance is significantly reduced when compared to traditional conveying methods. The elimination of a central shaft allows a much higher fill rate meaning solutions are more efficient when it comes to conveying, and consequently suffer less wear and power usage.
The unique design of the shaftless spiral allows for higher filling rates and lower RPMs - resulting in less wear, and consequently fewer demands for repair and down time. The spirals themselves can be made of many different materials, however the primary material is high tensile micro-alloyed steel (HTMAS) - special steel from Sweden with mechanical properties that deliver incredible strength to the SPIRAC spiral.
- No intermediate or end bearings
The more moving parts in a piece of equipment, the more faults that can occur. By eliminating intermediate and end bearings, the need for major maintenance work is reduced. It also allows for more efficient and direct transfer into another conveyor - whether that be horizontal, or inclined.
- DURAFLO® Type SPX liners
SPIRAC's proprietary liner - DURAFLO® Type SPX - has been designed specifically to ensure low wear and long life. A combination of material thickness and formulation gives DURAFLO® Type SPX its unique wearing characteristics. DURAFLO® Type SPX has been developed over many years and is one of the key features which ensures that SPIRAC conveyors stand as the industry leader. The DURAFLO® Type SPX liner also has a built-in wear indicator with a snap-in, snap-out feature, making it as painless as possible when the time comes to replace it.
- Totally enclosed troughs
U-troughs are commonly made out of stainless steel, however they are also available in mild steel painted, galvanized or FRP/GRP. SPIROLINE® can be used in a horizontal and inclined configuration up to 30 degrees. All varieties are totally enclosed with elastomeric seals and gaskets, ensuring there is no spillage of the material being conveyed and that odours are completely contained.
- Direct drive
Further reducing the downtime and expense that comes along with regular repairs and service, SPIRAC's direct-drive design allows a clean and efficient transmission - without the required maintenance of belt and chain drives
- High volume capacity for a small cross section
- Intended for the transport of difficult, stringy, spongy, sticky, wet, lumpy materials – suitable for a wide range of moisture contents and viscosities
- Complex geometries and limited space easily satisfied
- Low RPM for long life expectancy to wear components
- Totally enclosed troughs for odour and mess containment
- Very high load/torque capability
- Low maintenance costs
- Long continuous runs on a single gearbox
- Easily able to handle large foreign objects or product lumps
- Forgiving operation allows for wide capacity range
- Custom designed to match field equipment
- High resistance to corrosion provides for very long equipment life expectancy in the harshest of conditions